Classic teriyaki chicken that uses Kikkoman Soy Sauce and mirin to provide that delicious, sweet tang.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Stab the chicken with a fork and marinate in (A) for 10 minutes.
- Slice the green onions into small pieces, and place a cut along the full length of the shishito peppers.
- Heat the salad oil in a pan, then saute the shishito peppers and remove.
Add more salad oil and add (1) skin-side down.
Turn over when golden brown.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked through, then remove from the pan.
- Remove any excess oil, lightly boil the sauce (1), then return (4) to the pan and coat with the sauce.
- Spread lettuce leaves on a plate, and cut (5) into bite-size pieces about 1-1/2 cm (1/2 in.) thick.
Sprinkle (2) on top and serve garnished with the shishito peppers.