Steamed turnip and chicken waiting to warm you after a long day.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Cut the chicken into 3 cm (1 in.) cubes and season with (A).
- Divide the root and leaves of the turnip. Peel the root and divide into 6 equal pieces. Boil the leaves, remove and cut into 5 cm (2 in.) lengths.
- Shave the turnip into long, thin strips and finely chop the remaining part. Chop the ginger into small and short pieces.
- Place the turnip root and chicken in a heat safe container. Sprinkle on some finely chopped ginger and spring onion.
- Place the container in a pre-heated steamer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix and heat the broth formed from steaming, 1 cup of water and the tsuyu. Add in the turnip leaves and starch evenly mixed with water. Stir well to thicken the sauce.
- Arrange the chicken and vegetables on a plate, pour on the sauce and garnish with the turnip strips.