The mentaiko flavor leaves you wanting more
- Cooking time
- 15 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Wrap the tofu with paper towels, apply light pressure and drain the tofu for 15 minutes.
- Slit the membrane of the mentaiko, and remove the eggs with the back of a kitchen knife. Mix the eggs with sake.
- Slooth out the tofu with a food processor, then add (2), the yamato-imo, egg yolk, soy sauce and mirin, and stir together. Adjust the firmness with flour. Add the green onions and mix together.
- Heat the frying oil over medium heat. With a serving spoon, scoop out (3) and fry. Remove oil with paper towels.