The slight spiciness warms your body up even more
- Cooking time
- 60 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Gently soak the shiitake mushrooms in water, remove the stems, and cut them in half if large. Add water to that used for soaking until there is 1-1/2 cups.
- Cut the daikon radish into 2 cm (3/4 in.) thick round slices. Thickly peel and cut them in half. Coarsely cut the daikon radish leaves, then remove the red chili pepper stem and take out the seeds.
- Heat the salad oil in a pan and cook the beef. Transfer the beef to a pot, then add the daikon radish and shiitake mushrooms and cook together in the pot. Sprinkle on sake, and put in the water used for soaking the mushrooms. When it comes to a boil, lower the heat and remove the scum. Add the red chili pepper, ginger root and (A), cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add half of the soy sauce and cook for 20 more minutes. When done, add the rest of the soy sauce and daikon radish leaves, and cook for 5 additional minutes.