Dumplings doused in a syrupy sweet and salty sauce
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Stir (A) together in a pot and place over high heat.
Make sure to bring the mixture to a boil in order to allow the alcohol in the Kikkoman Manjo Aji-Mirin to evaporate.
When the sugar has dissolved, combine the ingredients for the starch water (B) and pour it into the pot to thicken the sauce.
All the pot to cool.
*Pouring in the starch water gradually allows you to control the thickness of the sauce. A sauce that is slightly sticky is best to that it stays on the dumplings.
- Slowly add 75 ml (2-1/2 fl. oz.) of water to the rice flour, and firmly knead until it has a hardness similar to your earlobes.
*You may adjust the amount of water added to obtain personally desired hardness.
- Divide (2) into 16 even portions.
After forming each into balls, place in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
When finished, place the dumplings in cold water to cool.
- Gently dry (3) and place 4 dumplings per skewer.
Cover then with the sauce (1) and enjoy.