A simple side that combines the slightly sweet flavor of sweet potatoes with rice.
- Cooking time
- 40 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- This dish is easily cooked in a rice cooker; if cooked in a covered pot on the stove, cook in 2 1/4 cups water for 30 minutes.
- Wash rice in water by stirring vigorously with your hands. Drain and repeat this three or four times until the water is almost clear.
- Add the amount of water indicated on the rice cooker and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Cut sweet potato into 1.5 cm (1/2 inch) cubes and place in water to remove bitterness.
- Add sweet potato, sake, and salt to the rice and cook.