A simple side that combines the slightly sweet flavor of sweet potatoes with rice.
- Cooking time
- 60 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Wash the rice in water by stirring vigorously with your hands.
Drain and repeat this three or four times until the water is almost clear.
- Wash the sweet potato well, then cut into 1-1/2 cm (1/2 in.) cubes.
Peel only areas of the sweet potato that are still dirty.
- Place the rice in a rice cooker together with 380 ml (about 1-1/2 US cups) of water and the sake, set aside for over 15 minutes.
If a rice cooker is not available, place the rice and sake in a pot with the amount of water indicated on the package.
- Add (A) and the sweet potatoes to the rice cooker (or pot) and cook.