This light, traditional meal provides plenty of nutrients and has a pleasant, satisfying flavor.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Wash the taro roots and place on a heat-resistant plate.
Loosely cover the plate with plastic wrap, and microwave for 4 minutes at 500 W.
Turn them over and hear for another 1-2 minutes.
Then peel and cut them in half.
- Peel the carrot and cut into 1 cm (1/2 in.) thick round slices, and cut the bamboo shoot into bite-size pieces.
Briefly boil both ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Remove the strings from the snow peas, then boil in salted boiling water and remove.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan.
Cook the chicken (3) skin side down over high heat, and flip over when the skin is golden brown.
- Add (1) and (2) in the pan with (5) and saute for approximately 1 minute over high heat.
- Add (A) and the kombu seaweed.
While occasionally stirring, cook over high heat until the cooking liquid is almost gone.
- Add the mirin, and coat the ingredients over high heat for approximately another minute.
Diagonally cut the snow peas, then add them to the pan and remove the pan from heat.