PAN-SEARED BURI YELLOWTAIL TERIYAKI
369 kcal Protein 22.5 g Fat 20.6 g (per person)
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 4 buri (yellowtail) fillets, 100 g / 3.5 oz. each
- 3 T Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 3 T Kikkoman Manjo Mirin
- 3 T sake
- 2 t sugar
- 8 T grated daikon, lightly squeezed to remove extra liquid
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sear the fish fillets on both sides until golden brown.
- Turn off the heat. Move the fillets to one side of the pan, and wipe up excess fat and oil using a paper towel*; add teriyaki sauce and cook the fillets over medium heat until a wooden pick can be inserted smoothly into the fillet. Shake the pan gently to coat the fish with teriyaki sauce.
- Place each grilled fillet on an individual plate. Garnish with grated daikon and serve hot. Add a little soy sauce to the grated daikon, if desired.
* Buri (yellowtail) teriyaki is generally grilled. Using a frying pan makes this recipe quick and easy. Removal of excess fat will yield a better flavor.
Recipe by Kikkoman Corporation
1 C (U.S. cup) = approx. 240 ml; 1 T = 15 ml; 1 t = 5 ml
This recipe was inspired by “The Japanese Table” feature article “Food Byways: The Many Paths of Soy Sauce” included in this issue.