Succulent squid simmered in tomato sauce, enhanced with herbs.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Remove the cartilage and insides from the squid. Rub together the shells of the clams while rinsing well.
- Mix together (A), cutting the squid arms into chunks.
- Stuff 1 twig of basil leaves and (2) in the squid's chest. Close with a toothpick.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the garlic and onions. Once these have turned slightly golden, add and fry the squid. Add in the clams and pour in white wine. Once boiling, mash the whole tomatoes and pour in along with the juice from the can. Roughly chop the remaining basil and oregano leaves and mix with salt, pepper and sugar in a bowl. Pour in and cook over low heat for 7-10 minutes.