Stylish and refreshing with tomato and basil.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to marinate is not included in the cooking time.
- Peel the skin from the squid body, slice up into 1.5 cm (0.4 in.) wide rings.
- Mince the onion. To easily peel the tomato, lightly carve a cross shape into the skin and dip into boiling water. Quickly remove into a bowl of ice water, remove the skin and seeds, then cut up into 1 cm (0.4 in.) cubes. Remove fibrous strings from the celery, chop up into 1 cm (0.4 in.) cubes. Mince the fresh basil and parsley.
- Remove seeds from the red chili pepper and cut into small rounds.
- Pour (A) and the red chili pepper rounds into a deep tray and mix together well to prepare the marinade.
- Quickly boil (1), remove into and soak in (4). Add in (2) and allow to marinate for awhile before serving.
Squid - clean and prepare
Finely chopped onions
Method for peeling tomatoes (boiling water method)