In a mellow sauce of red wine and soy sauce
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Stab the skin-side of the duck with a fork in several places and place into a sealable container. Add (A) and massage into the meat, allow to marinate in the refrigerator from 2 hours to half a day.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium-low heat. Drain off the cooking liquid from the duck, then cook skin-side down. Once browned, turn over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then drizzle the cooking sake over the meat.
- Cover the fry pan with a lid and cook for 5 to 6 minutes over low heat. (Cook longer if particularly thick).
- Thinly slice up the onion, then rinse in water and dry.
- Cut up (3) and serve on plates garnished with the butterhead lettuce and (4). Lightly boil down the remaining meat juice in the fry pan and pour onto the meat.
Thinly sliced onion