Kikkoman Group Environmental Principles
The Kikkoman Group will respect the working of nature, and contribute to the realization of a society comfortable to live in through our corporate activities keeping harmony with the environment.
Established on 19 October 1992, revised on 10 May 2007.
Commentary of Environmental Philosophy
- 1“Respect for the working of nature” means: Kikkoman Group looks to create an atmosphere where human life fits harmoniously within the natural world.
- 2“Our Corporate activities keeping harmony with the environment” means: We will improve and develop our means of production and distribution to minimize our impact on the environment.
- 3“A society comfortable to live in” means: A society in which individuals are respected and emotional richness is valued within a healthy natural environment.
The Kikkoman Group acts on the following guidelines with enthusiasm and creativity to achieve the goals of our Environmental Philosophy.
- 1Every one of us will aim to remain in harmony with the environment when performing our duties across all sectors (development, procurement, production, sales, and support).
- 2In addition to observing standard laws, we will formulate and observe our own company rules and regulations related to environmental protection.
- 3As responsible members of society, we will actively participate in efforts to preserve the environment in our local communities.
- 4We will study and deepen our understanding of the environment.
- 5We will think and act from a global point of view.