Avoid overcooking in order to preserve their unique texture. The base of the stems should be cut off. Enoki mushrooms are used in soups and salads, as well as in simmered and nabe dishes.
- They are low in calories and rich in dietary fiber.
- They are full of vitamins and minerals such as vitamins B1 and B2, niacin, potassium, magnesium, iron and zinc.
- They also contain the beta-glucan lentinan, which has anti-cancer properties.
How to pick and store
- Choose mushrooms that are overall fresh, white and firm.
- They can be stored in the refrigerator for a week.
- Their light flavor goes well with any ingredient.
- Prepare them quickly in dishes for their texture and flavor.