In season between June and September.
- This is a low calorie vegetable having 90% water content, as well as a good source of Vitamin C.
- High in potassium, the winter melon has a diuretic effect.
Connoisseur selection / storage
- Fresh winter melons are green in color with firm rinds and a plush white melon portion.
- For cut melon, remove the easily damaged white part containing the seeds, wrap/or place in a vegetable storage container and store in a refrigerator.
- This vegetable has both a refreshing taste and aroma. Since the melon portion is soft, it is well suited to use in stir-fry dishes, boiled dishes as well as thick starchy sauces (ankake).