Thick and rich chowder, the perfect accompaniment to rice or bread rolls.
- Cooking time
- 25 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Purge and clean the clams well, make sure no sand remains. Place into a pot, add in white wine and boil.
- Chop the potato, onion and celery up into 1 cm (0.4 in.) cubes. Finely chop up the garlic.
- Melt butter in a pot and saute (2) until soft and transparent. Add in the flour and continue to saute until the powder has dissolved. Slowly pour in the milk a little at a time while stirring to thicken the soup.
- Add in the clams and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Season with (A), pour in the fresh cream, serve in a bowl and garnish with parsley.
Finely chopped/minced garlic
Rubbing the shells together to wash
Asari clams / shijimi clams - purging shellfish