Okara with pork for added flavor and volume.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Okara is the insoluble residue left over from the process of making tofu or soy milk.
- Thinly slice the pork belly into about 3mm (0.1 in.)widths, remove the bottoms part of the shiitake mushroom's stems, and cut them in half, then thinly slice.
Cut the carrots into thin pieces,3 cm (1 in.) lengths. Cut onion into small bite-size pieces.
- Heat up the salad oil in a fry pan, and cook pork until crispy. Add the carrot and onions and cook well together.
- Add in the okara and cook well. Pour in (A), and stir slowly for about 10 mins. allowing to boil. When the sauce has become rich, add in the onions and stir a bit more.