Add minced meat and shiitake mushrooms for extra volume.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Finely chop up the shiitake mushrooms.
- Mix together the ground chicken with the mushrooms, 1 tsp of cooking sake and 1/3 tsp of soy sauce.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, pour and mix in the soy milk, dashi soup stock, 2 tsp of cooking sake, and 1 tsp of soy sauce. Strain once.
- Place one ladle-full of (3) into each tea-cup sized bowl, divide (2), add to each bowl and stir. Pour half of the remainder of (3) into each bowl.
- Boil 3 cm (1.2 in.) of water in a pot. Place the two cups from (4) in the water, and cover. Steam for 3 to 4 minutes, first over high heat, then over medium once it begins to boil. Poke with a toothpick from time to time. When nothing sticks they are finished. Garnish with Japanese parsley if on hand.