A traditional Mediterranean fish stew.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to soak is not included in the cooking time.
- Soak the saffron in white wine and set aside.
- Soak the clams in salted water to flush out any remaining sand then rinse and wash well.
- Peel the shrimp and remove the veins.
- Peel the potato, cut into edible size pieces and soak them in water.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, add in the tomato sauce and stir fry until it becomes a paste.
- Add in (1) through (4) and (A) and simmer for 10 minutes while occasionally removing any scum that may form on the surface.
- Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
*Any variety of bream is a fine replacement for red bream if not available.