Moist, rich and with just a hint of lemon.
- Cooking time
- 70 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- To make graham cracker crust, crush graham crackers (A) in a bowl or plastic bag. Add melted butter and mix together.
- Line round cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with butter (separate from amount for recipe). Place graham cracker mix from (1) in pan and evenly press out by hand in bottom of pan. (Cover with plastic wrap to help press out mixture evenly.)
- Place pan in oven (don't forget to remove plastic wrap) and bake for 5-6 minutes at 170C (340F).
- Set cream cheese and butter out and let come to room temperature. Mix together gently in a bowl until fluffy and creamy.
- Add sour cream and granulated sugar to cream cheese mix, mixing thoroughly.
- Beat eggs, divide into two portions and mix separately in to cheesecake mix.
- Sift flour. Mix into cream cheese mixture along with with lemon juice and grated lemon peel.
- Pour cheesecake mix from (7) into pan from (3) and bake for 40-45 minutes at 170C (340F). When baking, place a small oven-safe dish filled with warm water on baking pan.
- When cake has risen and baked light brown, turn off heat and allow to set in oven for 30 minutes. When cake has cooled a little, remove from pan and chill in refrigerator.