Slowly saute the onions for deep flavor.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Toast the baguette slices in a toaster oven.
- Thinly slice the onion, then place in a lidded heat-safe container with 1 Tbsp of butter on top. Seal with the lid and microwave for 5 minutes (600W).
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a fry pan and saute (2) at high-medium heat for 5 minutes. Once the cooking liquids have boiled off, turn the heat to low and continue to saute for about 10 more minutes until browned.
- Mix together and dissolve (A), add to (3) a little at a time, then adjust the flavor with the soy sauce and pepper.
- Pour (4) into an oven-safe container, gently float (1) on top, sprinkle on the cheese and toast in a toaster oven for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese melts.
Thinly sliced onion