Okara, residue formed in the production of original soy milk, mixed with asari clams for a tasty high-fiber meal that goes well with rice.
- Cooking time
- 40 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to rehydrate dried shiitake mushrooms is not included in the cooking time.
- Reconstitute the shiitake mushrooms in water. Keep the water for later.
- Roughly chop the shiitake mushrooms, Welsh onions and carrots.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan and briefly cook the ingredients from (2). Lower the heat and add the okara, cooking until the okara becomes fluffy.
- Add the water kept from (1) and sake, and cook for 10 minutes. Next, add the sugar and cook for 10 more minutes. Finally, add the soy sauce and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Rinse the clams under running water, then add to (4). Simmer over high heat. Add the mirin, then cook until everything is moist and remove from heat.