Enjoy hot and crispy!
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- For the tempura dipping sauce dashi soup broth (150 ml or 5.1 fl. oz. of water + Japanese soup stock (dashi) granules 1/2 tsp) feel free to use 150 ml (5.1 fl. oz.) of “quick & easy bonito soup stock” or 150 ml (5.1 fl. oz.) of vegetable soup stock.
- Prepare the tempura dipping sauce. Place (A) into a small pot and bring this mixture to a boil.
- Peel and devein the shrimps. Make a few slits in the underside of the shrimps and straighten these out. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. Leaving about 1 cm (0.4 in.) from the stem, make lengthwise slits across the width of each piece (doing so will create fan-shaped eggplant pieces after deep-frying). Slice the carrot and onion into 5 mm (0.2 in.) thick rounds. Cut the green pepper in half lengthwise, remove the stem and seeds.
- Place the beaten egg in a bowl, add in the cold water and mix well with a fork until uniform. Sift in the flour and mix all ingredients together with a fork in a manner as if drawing the number ‘8’. Avoid over-mixing and stop mixing once only a slight powderiness remains.
- Heat the deep-frying oil to 180℃ (356℉), coat the ingredients from (2) in (3) and deep-fry each to crispy for 2~3 minutes.