Sushi rice - how to prepare
- 360 g (12.7 oz.)
- 360 ml (12.2 fl. oz.)
- 5 cm (2 in.)
- Vinegar Mixture
- (4 Tbsp of rice vinegar, 2 Tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp of salt)
- 1Rinse the rice.
- 2Place the rice into a colander and let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3Transfer the rice into the inner pot of a rice cooker, add the indicated amount of water and kombu and cook as usual.
- 4Prepare the vinegar mixture.
Place the cooked rice into a bowl, pour the vinegar mixture over the rice and let sit for 1 minute.
- 5Mix with a rice paddle while fanning with an uchiwa fan (paddle-shaped fan).
Mix the rice in a manner as though breaking it apart to prevent it from becoming sticky and mushy.
Once the rice has a glossy shine and is cooled, it is ready.