Use plump and fleshy umami-packed shiitake mushrooms.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to reconstitute the shiitake mushrooms is not included in the cooking time.
- Time to rehydrate dried shiitake mushrooms is not included in the cooking time.
- These mushrooms can be refrigerator stored in a sealable container for up to 4 days.
- Place the dried shiitake mushrooms into 400 ml (13.5 fl. oz.) of water, cover with a lid or such to keep the mushrooms under water and soak (reconstitute) overnight.
- Remove the shiitake mushroom stems and simmer in the soaking liquid and (A) for about 8 minutes over medium heat. Add in (B) and simmer for about 8 minutes over medium heat until the cooking liquids are boiled down.