Pot roast made juicy and delectable with a red wine soy sauce!
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Truss (bind or tie) the beef cut with some string or twine to maintain its shape, then massage in the salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pot, brown all sides of (1), add in the onion, carrot and celery and pour in the red wine. Place a lid on top and braise over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the meat, place into a lidded bowl and allow to steam for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and soy sauce to the braising liquid, bring to a simmer, strain and then use as sauce.
- Remove the string or twine from (3), slice-up and arrange on a plate. Pour on the sauce (4) and garnish with watercress if available.
*Rump roast is the recommended cut of beef for this recipe.