The potatoes are slowly fried to succulence.
- Cooking time
- 25 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Scrape the skin from the new potatoes and new taro roots and rinse well. If they are particularly large, cut into bite-size pieces. If not, leave as they are.
- Remove the tendon from the chicken and cut into large pieces.
- Finely chop up the ginger, myoga and shiso leaves. Soak in water, remove and dry.
- Heat the cooking oil to 150°C (302°F ). Dry off each item in (1) and fry. Continue to cook through to the center, turn up the heat to 170°C (338°F) and fry until crispy. Remove and clean off excessive oil between 2 paper towels. Next dry the chicken, add in and fry until crispy. Remove and clean off excessive oil in same manner as (1).
- Heat the katusodashi from (A) in a pot. Pour in the cooking sake and Kikkoman Manjo Aji-Mirin and allow to come to a boil. Add Kikkoman Soy Sauce and leave to boil for 5 minutes.
*Have the heat on high enough that broth reaches the rim of the pot but does not overflow.
- Mix the starch with an equal amount of water. While stirring (5), add in and allow to boil one more time to remove the scent of the starch.
- Arrange (4) on a plate, pour on (6). Mix (3) and pour on top.