Simmered daikon covered in a chicken-miso sauce.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Cut the daikon radish into 4-5 cm (1.5 in) lengths. Peel the skin and etch some crosses in the backside.
- Fill a pot with water just reaching the top. Add in the rice and begin to heat over medium. Once boiling, continue to simmer over low heat until it has softened. Cut the heat and leave as is to cool.
- Rinse the daikon and place in a pot layered with kelp. Fill with dash, just covering the daikon and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat sesame seed oil in a fry pan and cook the ground chicken.
- Remove the pan from the flame and add in (A). Stir well over medium heat until the juice has all but disappeared. Mix in the ginger juice.
- Drain and place (3) on a plate. Add (5) on top and if available dress with strips of yuzu peel.