Juicy daikon radish topped with miso-flavored ground chicken.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to cool is not included in the cooking time.
- Cut the daikon radish into 4 to 5 cm (1.5 to 2 in.) thick rounds, peel each and slice a cross into the bottom surface.
- Place (1) into a pot with enough water to cover each piece, add in the rice and turn the heat to medium. Once boiling switch the heat to low, simmer until softened and then allow to cool.
- Rinse off the daikon radish, place into a pot lined with kombu, add in enough water to cover all ingredients and simmer for a further 10 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare the miso-flavored meat. Heat the sesame oil in a small fry pan and cook the ground meat until it becomes crumbly.
- Remove the fry pan from the heat, add in the seasonings (A) and cook while stirring over medium heat until the simmering liquids are boiled down. Add and mix in the ginger juice.
- Place a drained (3) into bowls, top with (5) and garnish with the yuzu peel, if available.