With the hearty toppings of pork and egg.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Chop large pieces of pork into bite-size. Slice the onion into 1 cm (0.4 in.) wide wedges.
- Quickly boil the komatsuna, remove the roots, then cut into 3 cm (1.2 in.) lengths.
- Heat the oil in a pot, quickly saute the onions from (1), add in (A) and bring to a boil.
- Add in the pork (1) while breaking apart, simmer over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, then add in the udon noodles and allow to simmer for an additional minute or so. Add in (2) and bring to a quick boil once more.
- Scoop into dishes, and top with a peeled and halved boiled egg.
Onions - wedge cut
Dashi - how to make from kombu and dried bonito flakes