Steam to fluffy perfection in a rice cooker.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to soak the rice is not included in the cooking time.
- Wash and drain the uncooked rice using a colander more than 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Chop the chicken into 1 cm (0.4 in.) cubes. Cut the bamboo shoots into easy-to-eat pieces of 3~4 mm (0.2 in.) thickness. Chop the bell pepper into 1.5 cm (0.6 in.) cubes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a fry pan, saute the chicken, and once the meat is browned add in and saute the bamboo shoots, then the bell pepper and (1) and saute all together.
- Once the rice becomes heavy, transfer all ingredients to a rice cooker and allow to cool slightly. Add in (A), pour in 400 ml (13.5 fl. oz.) of water and then cook as usual without stirring.