Classic teriyaki chicken that uses Kikkoman Soy Sauce and mirin to create a delicious, sweet tang.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Stab the chicken with a fork and marinate in (A) for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop up the green onions, and place a cut along the full length of the shishito peppers.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a fry pan, then sauté the shishito peppers and remove. Add more vegetable oil then add in (1) skin-side down. Turn over when golden brown to cook the other side as well.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked through, then remove from the fry pan.
- Remove any excess oil, and in the same fry pan lightly bring to a boil the sauce from (1). Next, return (4) to the fry pan and coat well with the sauce.
- Spread lettuce leaves on a plate, and cut (5) into easy-to-eat width slices of about 1-1/2 cm (1/2 in.). Sprinkle the green onions from (2) on top and serve garnished with the shishito peppers.