An Okinawan specialty that combines the unique flavor of bitter melon with pork and tofu for a truly exotic dish.
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Remove excess water from the tofu by pressing with a heavy plate or cutting board for a few minutes.
Use hands to tear into bite-size pieces.
- Slice the bitter melon in half lengthwise, then remove the seeds and pulp with a spoon.
slice into 2 mm (1/8 in.) half circles. Place in a bowl and massage in salt (not included in ingredients), rinse and drain.
- Whip the egg and set aside.
- Cut the pork into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the salad oil in a frying pan and cook the eggs until soft scrambled then remove.
- Using the same frying pan, saute the pork, bitter melon, tofu, and then the egg over high heat; add (A) to season then remove from heat.
- Serve with rice topped with bonito flakes (katsuobushi), if desired.