A pleasantly refreshing flavor and aroma.
- Cooking time
- 50 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to marinate the chicken not included in cooking time.
- Prepare the flavored chicken a day before.
- Place the chicken into a pot, cover completely with water (1 to 1.2 liters or about 0.3 gallons) and place over medium heat. Once boiling gently remove any scum that forms and boil over low heat for up to 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to cool down.
- In a separate pot place the ingredients from (A) and bring these to a boil, then allow to cool. Place the mixture into a storage-use plastic bag and add in the chicken from (1) after removing excess cooking liquids. Remove the air from the bag, seal it off and leave overnight to marinate in a refrigerator. Once sufficiently cooled, store the chicken cooking liquids in the refrigerator also.
- Prepare the ramen. Into a pot place 800 ml (27.1 fl. oz.) of the chicken cooking liquid, all the chicken marinade, and the bok choy. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add in a large dash of pepper to adjust the flavor. When the flavor is too salty add in water and when the flavor is too watery add soy sauce to prepare the soup.
- In a separate pot boil water to cook the noodles. Pour the soup from (3) into bowls, add in the boiled noodles then top with the chicken broken apart into easy-to-eat pieces, the bok choy, the carrots and the sprouts.