Pleasant aroma and doubled deliciousness with soy basting sauce (tare).
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Please use stainless steel skewers for grilling and barbequing.
- Simmer the soy basting sauce ingredients for up to 30 seconds in a pot until the mixture thickens.
- Prepare the soy basting sauce (called ‘tare’ in Japanese). Place (A) in a pot over medium heat, once boiling simmer for up to 30 seconds until the mixture thickens.
- Place the ingredients on a skewer alternating between chicken and long onion.
- Place the vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium heat, arrange (2) in the fry pan, cover with a lid and cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Then turn these over and cook for 3 more minutes without a lid. While turning over occasionally, brown both sides.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, cover in the soy basting sauce from (1). Line the skewers up in the fry pan once more and cook over low heat until lustrous (glossy). Repeat this process several times while turning over and cook until crispy and golden-brown.