An Italian-style vegetable fondue.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Peel the potatoes, divide into 4 to 6 pieces lengthwise, then boil. Slice the bell peppers into 8 to 12 pieces lengthwise, half the green asparagus, boil both vegetables. Drain the baby corn and then blanch.
- Peel the carrots, then cut into sticks. Leaving about 3 cm (1.2 in.) of the stems, peel the white turnips then divide each into 6 pieces lengthwise.
- Finely mince the garlic, drain the anchovies and quickly chop up.
- Place the olive oil and garlic into a small pot and turn on the heat. Once fragrant add in the anchovies. Quickly saute then add in the white wine and boil off the alcohol content. Next add in the heavy cream, and simmer over low heat without scorching until slightly thickened. To finish preparing the sauce add in the soy sauce and a dash of black pepper.
- Colorfully arrange the vegetables on a plate, and dip in the sauce while still hot to enjoy.
Bell peppers - removing seeds
Finely chopped/minced garlic