A rich savory custard that makes a great appetizer.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Thinly slice the bamboo shoot; shell and devein the shrimp.
- Cut chicken into small pieces, then bring to a quick boil in (A) and allow to cool.
- Remove stems of the shiitake mushrooms and make small cuts on each cap.
- Beat the eggs, then add and mix with the cooled broth; strain the mixture through a cloth.
- In each of the four serving cups, place a bamboo shoot slice, prawn and chicken pieces (2); pour in even portions of egg mixture.
- Place the serving cups (5) in a heated steamer and steam over low heat for 15 minutes.
Garnish with chopped mitsuba and serve warm.