A highly fulfilling rice, chicken and vegetable meal.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to prepare and cook rice is not included in the cooking time.
- Garnish with green laver if available.
- Wash the rice and pour in a strainer. Set aside for 30 minutes. Soak the hijiki in water to soften.
- Cut the chicken breast at an angle into 2 cm (3/4 in.) wide pieces.
- Scrape the skin from the burdock root, cut into thin shavings. Soak in water for 2 minutes, then remove and dry. Slice the carrot into thin round slices, then each piece into quarters.
- Heat the sesame seed oil in a fry pan, quickly fry (2). Add in (3) and stir fry together. Season with (A) and continue to cook and stir until the soup has almost completely evaporated.
- Add (1) to a rice cooker and fill with the appropriate amount of water. Place (4) on top and cook as usual. Serve in a bowl.