The key is the balanced umami of sauteed onions, beef and sour cream. The color of the dish depends on how much the onions are sauteed. Soy sauce can be the hidden flavor.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- Thinly slice the onion and mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and stir-fry the beef. Add half of the Kikkoman Soy Sauce and continue to stir-fry. Remove the beef once cooked through.
- Remove the beef (1), then add and melt the butter in the frying pan and saute the onions (1) over medium heat. Once browned, add the mushrooms (1) and saute further.
- Pour the remaining Kikkoman Soy Sauce evenly into the pan once the onions and mushrooms are a deep brown. Then, add the flour and cook saute together. When the flour has been mixed in, slowly add 300 ml (1-1/4 US cups) of water, and stir until uniformly thickened.
- Add the beef (2) and sour cream, then season with and the white pepper. Serve topped with heavy cream.