The combination of soy sauce and mirin is said to be one of the fundamentals of washoku. This stew is a typical Japanese dish making use of the combination.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- Cut the beef into large bite-size pieces. Slice the onion into wedges, and chop the carrot into little chunks. Cut the potato into large pieces, rinse in a strainer and dry. Boil the shirataki noodles, and cut into easy to eat lengths.
- Heat the salad oil in a pan, fry the onions, then the beef. Next, add in the carrot, potato and noodles. Stir fry all together well.
- Pour in (A). Once boiling, scoop away the scum from the surface, add in (B) and cover. Leave to boil for 15-20 minutes over low heat.