A healthy dessert made with refreshingly sweet syrup.
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Sodium 0 g indicates sodium content less than 40 mg.
- Time to chill and harden not included in the cooking time.
- Hon Mirin contains alcohol. For children and individuals unable to consume alcohol, we recommend that you either do not use Hon Mirin or that you boil off the alcohol content prior to use (heated at boiling temperatures for 1 to 1.5 minutes). Find more information on mirin at the link in this recipe.
- Place (A), into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top.
- Prepare the mirin syrup. Place the mirin into a small pot. Once boiling, shake the pot back and forth for about 5 minutes. When the mixture is boiled down to about half, turn the heat off and allow to cool. Separate into 4 portions of about 1 Tbsp each for later use.
- Add the soymilk to the pot from (2), warm over low heat without boiling. Add in (1), mix until uniform in texture, then pour equal portions into 4 dessert cups and allow to chill and harden in a refrigerator for more than 3 hours.
- Top with the strawberries and a portion each of the syrup (2).
How to use gelatin powder