A delicious, spicy dish of oysters and vegetables.
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Rinse the oysters in water with some salt added, then drain. Season with salt and pepper then coat with the potato starch.
- Cut the lettuce into thin strips. Julienne half of the Japanese long onion into 5 cm (2 in.) long ultra thin strips, and then finely chop up the remainder. Finely chop up the ginger and garlic cloves.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the sesame oil in a fry pan and brown the oysters from step (1) on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining sesame oil and saute the bean paste, ginger and garlic. Add in (A) and the oysters and cook all together until well coated in the seasoning.
- Serve on a plate topped with the ingredients from step (4), and sprinkle on the julienned Japanese long onion and cilantro leaves if desired.
Place the oysters into a strainer, then place into 3% salt water and lightly stir with your hands. Clean by shaking the bowl back and forth. By doing so not only sand, but any sliminess and strong odor will also be removed. After cleaning, use paper towels to thoroughly remove any remaining moisture.
Cut the Japanese long onion into 5 cm (2 in.) pieces, cut vertically in half, and then slice up thinly lengthwise from side to side.
Remove the skin of the garlic clove, and cut vertically in half. Then remove the core, slice thinly cut-side down without cutting as far as the base part, and lay the knife flat and insert horizontal cuts. Finally, mince from end to end.
Remove the skin of the ginger and thinly slice, gradually sliding and stacking the slices. Then mince the ginger into fine pieces, and slice again finely at right angles.
Post your creation!
is posting Kikkoman Recipes.
If you made this recipe, please post it with the hashtag #KikkomanLife
We love to see your creations on Instagram!