Sukiyaki is a Japanese dish that is cooked and enjoyed hot pot style. It is a great dish for eating with family and friends on cold days.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Nutritional content and sodium values are calculated for 65% consumption of the sukiyaki broth by 4 people. Ingredients and amounts shown in this recipe video may differ however any ingredients are delicious in this hot pot. Please use the video as a reference.
※This recipe suggests dipping cooked ingredients in raw egg before eating. To avoid food poisoning and to safely enjoy home-cooked meals, we ask you to adhere to the guidelines provided by your local Food Safety Information Center for the procurement, storage, cooking and other preparation methods of food ingredients.
- Cut the beef and grilled tofu into bite-size pieces. Diagonally slice the long onion up into 1 cm (0.4 in.) wide pieces. Parboil the shirataki noodles, then cut into easy-to-eat lengths. Remove hard bottoms from the enoki and shiitake mushrooms and chop into half. Cut the chrysanthemum leaves into 5 cm (2 in.) lengths.
- Mix together the ingredients from (A). Then add and mix in (B) to prepare the broth
- Heat the hot pot over medium heat, melt and evenly spread the beef tallow (or vegetable oil).
- Cook the long onion, once fragrant quickly add in and cook the beef then pour in an appropriate amount of the broth using a circular motion.
- Turn the heat to low, add in the remaining ingredients and simmer together to cook well over medium heat. Turn the grilled tofu over half-way through cooking to allow it to soak up flavor evenly. If preferred, enjoy by first dipping into a beaten raw egg.