Enjoy deeply flavored steamy kabocha squash (Japanese pumpkin).
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Remove the seeds and pulp from the kabocha squash (Japanese pumpkin) and cut into bite-size pieces. Remove strips of the skin here and there.
- Mix the minced chicken in with (A) and the ginger. Shape into 4 cm (1.5 in.) diameter balls.
- Line up (1) in a large pot, add (B) and the dashi soup stock then turn on the heat.
- When it begins to boil, add in (2). When it begins to boil a second time, remove the scum from the surface, cover with a drop lid* and simmer for 7 - 8 minutes, or until the kabocha squash is soft.
* A drop lid is a lid that floats on top of the liquid in pans while simmering foods. It allows heat to be evenly distributed so ingredients cook evenly and quickly. You can purchase one, or make a substitute out of aluminum foil.