Add chicken and ginkgo nuts for a hearty version.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Mochi rice is of the short-grain, glutinous type.
- Rinse and dry both the mochi and white rice together, place in rice cooker.
- Soften the dried mushrooms with 1.25 cup of water, remove the stem, cut into four pieces. Save the water aftwerwards.
- Cut chicken into 1 cm (1/2 in) cubes, soak and massage in (A). Add the mushrooms and mix.
- After soaking the chestnuts for 2-3 min. in hot water, peel the skin and divide into four pieces.
- Remove shell from gingko nuts, boil and remove thin skin.
- Add the remaining mushroom water and sake to (1). Add (4),(5) and (3) as well, cook as normal, then steam for 10 min. Stir well.