Chicken and ginkgo nuts make this a hearty rice dish.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to re-hydrate dried shiitake mushrooms and cook ingredients in a rice cooker are not included in the cooking time.
- Mochi rice (mochigome) is of the short-grain, glutinous type.
- Rinse and drain both the white rice and mochi rice together, place into a rice cooker.
- Re-hydrate the dried shiitake mushrooms in 225 ml (7.6 fl. oz.) of water, remove the stems, and divide into four pieces. Save the rehydrating water for use later.
- Cut the chicken into 1 cm (0.4 in.) cubes, massage in (A). Add in the mushrooms and mix together.
- After soaking the chestnuts in hot water for for 2 to 3 minutes, peel then halve or quarter.
- De-shell the ginkgo nuts, boil and remove the thin skin.
- Pour the mushroom rehydrating water and sake into (1). Add (4), (5) and (3) with the seasoning liquids as well. Cook the rice as normal, then allow to steam for a further 10 minutes. Lightly combine all ingredients in the rice cooker before serving in bowls.