Accented with oyster sauce and just a hint of red chili peppers,this chicken and asparagus dish is delicious and easy to make.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Cut chicken into 5cm (2 inch) long strips. Remove hard base of the asparagus, peel outer skin and cut into 5 cm (2 inch) pieces. Dice Japanese long onion and ginger. Remove seeds from red chili peppers and chop finely.
- Mix ingredients (A) to make simmering sauce .
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to frying pan and saute asparagus. Remove asparagus from pan, add another Tbsp of oil and saute chicken. When chicken is cooked on the outside, add simmering sauce and chili peppers and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Return asparagus to the pan and add chopped Japanese long onion. Dissolve starch in 2 Tbsp of water, add to pan and stir until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from pan and serve.