Enjoy piping hot!
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Quickly boil the cabbage leaves then drain completely in a colander and cut away the hard core.
- Place the tofu in a lidded heat-safe container and microwave (500W) for about 3 minutes and then drain off any liquids. Remove the shiitake mushroom stems and then mince up, peel the carrot and then also mince up.
- Place the ground pork, ginger root, tofu (2), shiitake mushrooms, carrot and (A) into a bowl and combine all ingredients well.
- Spread out a cabbage leaf (1), place 1/4 of (3) on top and wrap. Do the same with the remaining ingredients.
- Place (4) into a small and low pot into which these rolls are a just-fit. Add in 200 ml (6.8 fl. oz.) of water and turn the heat to medium. Once boiling, add in (B), cover with a drop-lid and boil over low-to-medium head for about 10 minutes. Dissolve the potato starch in an equal part of water and add in to thicken the cooking liquids, then serve in bowls.
* A drop lid is a lid that floats on top of the liquid in pans while simmering foods. It allows heat to be evenly distributed so ingredients cook evenly and quickly. You can purchase one, or make a substitute out of aluminum foil.