Be tempted by the delectable aroma of sauce and green nori seaweed flakes.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- This recipe is called "Tonpei Yaki" in Japanese. Tonpei Yaki is an easier version of Okonomiyaki (savory pancake), both are classic Osaka dishes.
- Chop the pork into 1 cm (0.4 in.) width pieces.
- Thinly slice up the cabbage core, then chop the leaves into 5 mm (0.2 in.) widths.
- Beat the eggs. Into 1 tsp of potato starch mix 1 Tbsp of water (A) and add in to the eggs.
- Heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a fry pan, cook (1) for 3-4 minutes, add in (2) and cook over medium to high heat. Add the soy sauce using a circular motion, boil off the cooking liquids, then remove onto a plate.
- Quickly clean the fry pan, heat 1 tsp of oil, pour in (3), stir about 3-4 times and flatten into a thin layer. Place (4) on top, wrap the omelet around (4) and then serve onto a dish. Make an opening and decoratively squirt on mayonnaise and Worcestershire-style sauce as desired and sprinkle on green nori seaweed flakes.