Japanese pumpkin scrumptiously topped with meat sauce and cheese.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Place the kabocha squash into a lidded heat-safe container and heat in a microwave (600 W) for 3.5 minutes. Allow to cool, then thinly slice up.
- Mince the onion and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan and sauté (2) until softened. Add in the ground meat and continue to cook until the meat becomes brown and crumbly.
- Add in the whole tomatoes, soy sauce and pepper, and continue to cook. Once the mixture comes to a boil, simmer over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place (1) and (4) alternatively into a baking dish. Sprinkle on the cheese and bake in a toaster oven for 5 to 6 minutes.
Finely chopped onions
Finely chopped ginger