The combination of pork and sage, the smell of butter in the dough, and soy sauce are superbly harmonious.
- Cooking time
- 35 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- Place the ground pork and all of the ingredients in (A) into a bowl, and mix the ingredients together firmly by hand.
- Flour a surface, and roll out the pie sheet with a rolling pin until 3 mm (about 1/4 in.) thick. Use a cup or other round object about 6 cm (2-1/2 in.) in diameter to cut out 5 to 6 pieces from the sheet, rolling out the sheet again for a total of 12 pieces. Gently poke their surfaces with a fork.
- Place 6 of them on a baking sheet, then place 1 Tbsp of (1) on top of each. Cover with a remaining pie sheet cutout. Do the same for the 5 other cutouts. With the back of a fork facing downward, press all around the edges of the dough with the tip of the fork. Beat the egg yolk and brush it on the surface.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 200 C (390 F) for 20 minutes until browned. If desired, garnish with some cranberry jam and sage leaves to serve.